Rakesh Chopra – Chairman
Rakesh Chopra has more than 35 years of experience in automotive, construction equipment and finance sectors, of which more than 20 years were spent in senior management roles as Director and CEO. Mr. Chopra has extensive experience in handling mergers and strategic alliances, including start-up ventures in India and overseas, turnaround management and business restructuring. He has led multiple organisational improvement programmes, these include initiatives on cost reduction, manufacturing re-engineering, supply chain, and improvement of distribution effectiveness.
At A&M, Mr. Chopra is currently working on the Lehman Brothers restructuring project. He has taken the lead role over the Indian and Mauritius Lehman entities. His main focus is on managing the disposal process of equity investments, trading assets and unwinding swaps, loans and SPV portfolios.
Prior to joining A&M, Mr. Chopra was CEO of the Agri Machinery business of Escorts Limited (revenues of £200 million and 4,500 employees), where he successfully completed a major business turnaround through re-engineering and restructuring of the key business processes in the areas of manufacturing, marketing, distribution and product development. He developed a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure with i2 and Oracle and upgraded the research and development capabilities, resulting in a world class facility that delivered best-in-industry products. He successfully established a stable global footprint by developing strategic alliances in the US and Europe, and set up greenfield projects in India with European multinationals Carraro of Italy and Claas of Germany.
Previously, Mr. Chopra was CEO of Escorts JCB Ltd (a joint venture of Escorts Limited with JCB), where he worked for over seven years. He initiated a revamp of the product line up, quality improvement, and the creation of a strong distribution network that resulted in a turnover improvement of more than ten times, making the company one of the fastest growing companies in India. During this period, he also started Escorts Finance Limited, a retail financial services company, and successfully managed its IPO within five years of the commencement of business.
Mr. Chopra’s earlier work experience in the UK was in the areas of finance and accounting with Whinney Murray Ernst & Ernst (now Ernst & Young), Dunlop Limited and Shell International Petroleum Company Limited. In India, he previously worked with Vazir Sultan Tobacco Company Limited (a BAT associate company), and A.F. Ferguson & Co management consultants (now part of Deloitte)
Mr. Chopra is a founding member of the Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, a cancer speciality hospital in New Delhi, and is on the Boards of Bharat Gears Limited and Fairfield Atlas Limited (a subsidiary of OC Oerlikon,Switzerland).
Mr. Chopra is a Chartered Accountant (England & Wales). He received a master’s degree in business administration from Cranfield Business School in the UK. An Indian national, he is fluent in English and Hindi.
Capt Sunil Bahl – Managing Director
- In 2005, when Mumbai was submerged in water after incessant rains, Bombay JCB Earthmovers assisted the Bombay Municipal Corporation (BMC) in the handling of this disaster by utilizing their machinery for removal of vehicles, clearing of dead cattle and debris. Subsequently, in 2006, when the BMC started their Disaster Management Cell, the Rs.18.5 Crore contract for supplying 24 JCB Machines and Operating and Maintaining them, was awarded to Bombay JCB Earthmovers for a period of 5 years.
- With the persistent hard work of the promoters and good prospects for growth in a developing country like India, the Company grew by leaps and bounds and now has a turnover of over Rs.11 crores. Bombay JCB Earthmovers are now the official agents in India of these foreign manufacturers:
- J.C. Bamford Ltd. (UK) : Manufacturers of earthmoving equipment
- Aquarius Systems (USA) : Manufacturers of Water management Systems, Trash Hunters, Water harvesters
- Dulevo International (Italy): Manufacturers of Sweepers and pioneers in cleaning technology
- MB Crushers (Italy): Manufacturers of Bucket Crushers & Bucket Screens
- Hammer Breakers (Korea): Manufactures of Rock Breakers
- In continuation of their success story, Bombay JCB Earthmovers have recently bagged the order for Lake cleaning equipment for the cleaning of Dal lake in Srinagar.
Gaurav Chopra – Executive Director
Gaurav Chopra brings 10 years experience primarily as a consultant to companies in India and overseas on growth strategy and performance improvement. He has supported Indian and UK management teams of leading FMCG, Pharmaceutical and Financial services companies to grow market share and streamline operations.
Prior to joining A&M, Mr. Chopra worked for the Corporate Strategy and Business Development team of American Express in London. In this role he supported the CEO and business unit leaders to grow revenues by formulating organic growth strategies and by developing the business case for potential M&A deals.
During his tenure at American Express, Mr. Chopra evaluated the business case for American Express to enter the debit card space in Europe, he developed an M&A pipeline for the International consumer business and he worked jointly with a $2B revenue payments company in Japan to design the operating model for a potential partnership.
Prior to American Express, Mr. Chopra worked for 4 years with Accenture business consulting in New Delhi on transformation programs aimed at reducing cost and improving operational performance for FMCG and Pharmaceutical companies. These programs included a strategic review of the company’s manufacturing and distribution network, improvements in Sales and Operations planning processes and initiatives to reduce input costs.
At Accenture, Mr. Chopra also worked on initiatives to rationalise the product portfolio for clients’ existing businesses through either discontinuing unprofitable product lines or outsourcing manufacturing. He was also the first to use offline reverse auctions to reduce logistics costs. Prior to Accenture, Mr. Chopra worked in the Accounting and Business advisory practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers
Mr. Gaurav Chopra is a member of the Indian Institute of Chartered Accountants and he holds a Master’s degree in Business administration with Dean’s list honours from London Business School . He also graduated with honours from Delhi university with a bachelors degree in commerce. Mr. Chopra is fluent in English & Hindi .